Pegos Claros reserve red wine comes from the sandy soil of the Palmela region near Lisbon and is made from Castelão (Periquita) old vine grapes. It has a complex aroma of black plums and red currant, with hints of tobacco and vanilla. Aged 12 months in French and American oak, the wine can be drunk now or held for up to 20 years. It is full bodied with soft tannins and good acidity.
Pairs well with grilled meats and roasted fish or meat.
- Silver Medal – Challenge International du Vin 2018
- 88 points – Review by Mark Squires, RobertParker.com, December 2017
- Silver Medal – International Wine Challenge 2018
- 16.5 points – JancisRobinson.com review by Julia Harding, October 2017
- 90 points – Wine Enthusiast, August 2017
- 91 points – Wine Enthusiast, May 2017
- 90 points – Review by Mark Squires, RobertParker.com, February 2017
- 16 points – JancisRobinson.com review by Julia Harding, February 2017