Pegos Claros Grande Escolha red wine comes from the sandy soil of the Palmela region near Lisbon. It is made from the finest, hand-picked Castelão old vine grapes, and aged 12 months in French oak. It has a complex aroma of ripe red fruits, mint, light toast and spices. The wine is full-bodied with soft tannins balanced with just the right amount of acidity. The finish is long and lingering.
Pairs well with grilled meat, stews, and hard cheeses, Drink now or until 2030.
- 91 Points – Wine Enthusiast, May 2019
- 93 Points – RobertParker.com, Review by Mark Squires, December 2018
- 17+ Points – JancisRobinson.com review by Julia Harding, December 2018
- 91+ Points – RobertParker.com, Review by Mark Squires, April 2017
- 16.5+ Points – JancisRobinson.com review by Julia Harding, February 2017
- 91 Points – Wine Enthusiast, December 2016