A very special Old Vines reserve wine from the Douro Valley D.O.C., it is deep red – almost purple – in color. It has a very intense and powerful aroma, yet it retains its elegance with notes of bergamot oil balanced with blueberry and mulberry. Flavors are well-integrated having aged 12 months in high-quality new French oak barriques. The taste is voluptuous with notes of wild forest fruit and an elegantly long finish.
Pairs well with grilled meats or stews, or with hard cheeses.
- 89 points – Review by Mark Squires, RobertParker.com, February 2018
- 92 points/Cellar Selection – Wine Enthusiast, December 2017
- 16.5+ points – JancisRobinson.com, Review by Julia Harding, October 2017
- 90-92 points – Review by Mark Squires, RobertParker.com, August 2017
- Silver Medal – International Wine Challenge 2017
- 92 points/Cellar Selection – Wine Enthusiast, October 2016
- 90 points – Review by Mark Squires, eRobertParker.com, June 2016
- 17 points – JancisRobinson.com, Review by Julia Harding, June 2016
- Silver Medal – Vinalies Internationales 2016