Insurgente’s deep red color perfectly expresses its rebellious nature. Grown in the hot, dry Dão region in granitic soil, the vines fought for every drop of water. The result is an elegant wine with a nose that is intense and complex, reminiscent of pine or eucalyptus wood. Made from a blend of Touriga Nacional and Alfrocheiro, the wine tastes of ripe fruit with hints of balsamic, and its finish is long and lingering.
Serve with Mediterranean cuisine, pasta, or mild soft cheese.
If you haven’t been drinking Portuguese wines, I dare you to try this wine, and not want to buy more! – Martin Redmond, ENOFYLZ
- 90 points – Wine Enthusiast, April 2019
- 16.5 points – JancisRobinson.com review by Julia Harding, December 2018
- Silver Medal – International Wine Challenge 2018
- 91 points/Editors’ Choice – Wine Enthusiast, December 2017
- 16.5+ points – JancisRobinson.com review by Julia Harding, November 2017
- 90 points – Martin Redmond, ENOFYLZ, November 2018